Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! We are located at 3930 W. 69th Terr, Prairie Village, KS in the shops of Prairie Village. You can find our current hours and a map to our location on our contact page.
Unfortunately at this time, we do not guarantee any of our products are gluten, dairy, egg, soy or nut free. We have some items that are not made with the above ingredients, but all of our items are crafted on shared equipment. For a full list of ingredients, call our ordering team at 913-236-4411.
We make everything from scratch in small batches and we do not use preservatives of any kind. If we had it our way, you would enjoy your treats immediately!
Cakes, bars, cupcakes, tarts, tortes and cookie sandwiches should be kept in a sealed container in the refrigerator. We expect cakes and bars to remain fresh for 2-3 days, and suggest that cupcakes, tartes, tortes, and cookie sandwiches are enjoyed within 1-2 days.
Cinnamon rolls, scones, and cookies are best stored in a sealed container and enjoyed the same day. We do bag and heat seal our shipped cookies. This extends their shelf life by several days.
To place an order of our classic shop offerings (including breakfast sweets, cakes, cupcakes, cookies and specialty holiday menu items), please visit our online menu.
We would also be more then happy to assist with your cookie or cake order, please call us at 913-236-4411 and our special orders team will help you.
To place an order for a wedding cake, please fill out our wedding inquiry form and our wedding team will be in touch as soon as possible
To place a catering order, please visit our online catering menu or fill out our catering inquiry form and our special orders team will be in touch as soon as possible.
It depends on what you are ordering. You can always call us at 913-236-4411 to see what is available in the pastry case for immediate pick-up.
For all preorders, we require at least THREE FULL BUSINESS DAYS or until we hit capacity. Due to high demand, wedding and catering orders, we at times cutoff orders more than 3 days in advance.
Overall, the earlier the better! We will always try to accommodate last minute requests.
Unfortunately, no. We don’t take any orders over Instagram DM.
We require 72 hour notice to cancel any cakes or bakery orders. Changes are subject to availability and should be requested a week in advance when possible.
We are aware that life is unpredictable, and in the case of an extenuating circumstance please call us and we will do our best to accommodate!
Please note that once you have purchased your class ticket(s) with us it means that we have reserved a spot in class exclusively for you. All class tickets are non-refundable.
(Please contact us at 913.236.4411 ext. 4 if you have extenuating circumstances)
Our shipping options are sent using USPS Priority Mail. The United States Postal service may have delays in their shipping that is outside of our control (unexpected weather delays, high volume of packages, COVID delays, etc) We cannot be held responsible for delays due to weather, incorrect address provided to us or other circumstances beyond our control.
Once the 50% deposit is made, the deposit is non-refundable. If the event is cancelled, the deposit can be turned into a credit for another Dolce Bakery custom cake or dessert in the next year following. Changes to a Wedding Order must be requested one month in advance.
Any size gathering can be accommodated! For more information, please visit our catering page.
The 50% deposit required to confirm your catering order is non-refundable. If the event is cancelled, the deposit can be used as a credit for the following year. Changes to catering orders are subject to availability and must be requested two weeks in advance.
The earlier the better! Often, we hit our maximum order capacity on holiday favorites. To ensure that you’ll have all of your Dolce Bakery favorites on your holiday table, we recommend that you place your order as soon as you see our holiday menus go live.
Some items are available for shipping! To see what we are currently shipping, please visit our shipping menu.
- Disassemble the sides of the box until it lays completely flat.
- Slide a spatula under the cake and carefully lift it to tilt the cake up.
- Slide your hand under the cake and lift it out of the box using the spatula for additional support.
- Set the cake down on your desired platter and gently slide your hand out from underneath the cake while lowering the cake down.
- Remove the spatula once the cake is placed.
We highly recommend enjoying our cakes at room temperature.
We are happy to put an inscription in any color on top of your cake for no additional charge. Any further decoration is subject to an additional fee determined by the complexity of the design.
Yes! We have a limited supply of fun candles and cake toppers. Please inquire when you place your order.
- We want your cake to make it to your destination in perfect condition. There are a few things you can do to keep your cake safe as you transport it from our shop to your celebration:
- The safest place for your cake is on the floor of the backseat area of your vehicle. This is an even, flat space with minimal room for the cake box to slide around. Plus, the backseat is temperature-controlled so you have a higher chance of keeping your cake nice and cool and preventing slipping. Avoid putting your cake in your trunk, on a seat or on someone’s lap.
- We suggest using a car with air conditioning that works well to keep your car and cake nice and cool. Your cake is beautiful and we want it to stay lovely from the time you leave our shop to the time it arrives at its final destination. Our vanilla cream cheese icing is made with butter and cream cheese, which gets soft as it warms up. Icing that gets too warm from being in a hot car can slip and slide from bumps, potholes, quick stops and sharp turns.
- Drive carefully! Take turns slower than you usually would and avoid bumps and potholes as much as possible.
- When displaying your cake, keep it in a cool and temperature-controlled environment. The ideal environment is indoors, in a cool room, and out of direct sunlight. They are stable, but must be handled with care.
Please note: Once the cake leaves our shop, we are not responsible for what happens on the transportation journey. Please follow the transportation instructions above and feel free to reach out with any questions or concerns.